Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cali Trip

We drove to Cali Tuesday afternoon. We met Tanner's parents and his sister Melayne at Original Pizza. It's tradition when we go to Cali to drive strait there and eat. It was amazing as usual. I already miss it.

Wednesday was Tanner's birthday. For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant (I can't remember the name) It was so good. Tanner and his dad were going to go golfing, but because it was raining they had to postpone till Saturday.




Thursday we headed to Disney Land! Bert got us reservations at the 33 Club. It was amazing. You might not be familiar with it. Some say it is a "secret club" and it kind of is. The story goes like this. "There were 33 original investors in Disney Land. They had a private place that they would meet to talk business and eat. It was only for them and their families. That's still how it is, but now you can buy a membership into it. Only the waiting list is currently 14 years!!" My father in law's boss is an investor, so he is able to go there. Bert "my father in law" thought it would be fun to go there for Tanner's birthday. And oh it was! Five course amazing dinner. Beautiful old antiques. It was fantastic. Thank you Bert! When dinner was over the waiter handed me, Marla (my mother in law) and Melayne (sister in law) each a velvet bag. We opened them and inside was a charm bracelet with the number 33. We LOVE them. It was such an amazing night. We rode some rides after dinner, Space mountain was all "Halloweened" out. So much fun. Thanks again Bert and Marla for such a fun time!












Friday we went to the Dodgers game. We got there in time to see the fifth inning. We were a little late but the score was 0-1 so we didn't miss much. Then in the 8th the Dodgers tied it up then scored one more to win the game. It was a fun game to watch. We stayed till the end, then stayed in our seats hoping that the traffic would clear up. Then we sat out by our car.... hoping that the traffic would clear up. Then we drove through the traffic hoping it would clear up. We finally made it home and finished the night off with some Original Pizza. Fabulous.




On Saturday I went with Jennifer and her family (the Whimpeys)to Disney Land while Tanner and his dad headed off to the golf course. I love, love, love Jenn's grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...... Ok I love the whole family. Well I met up with them and we had a really fun time. I only took a couple picture. I knew I'd be sad that I didn't take more and I really am. I'll just have to make a trip to Utah to see everyone again soon.



We had such a fun time! It was long over due, we needed a good vaca! Now we're back home and back to work. I missed my house so I am happy to be back. Have I mentioned how much I love my house? Well I do. And the guy that lives in it. :) Loves to all!

5 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

what a neat birthday for Tanner. Happy belated bday to him. Looks like an amazing trip. Oh how I miss disneyland.

cosmo and jenn said...

ummm..yeah... could cosmo take a worse picture?? i have a cute one of us in front of peter pan right before all three of us got cozy in a pirate ship that i will post soon. and I hope that white dress is yours because i want to steal it. and your gray boots. thank you in advance. good thing i have you to make me girly every once and a while.

Jen&Joe said...

Iam so glad you found our blog. You and your husband are adorable! Any kids for you guys yet?

Lyle and Jaime said...

Sounds like a really fun trip and Birthday. Tell Tanner I said Happy Birthday. Oh I love Disneyland! Glad you guys got to go be spoiled by Marla and Bert! They are the best!

Adam and Jess said...

Your house is beautiful by the way. You guys did a great job decorating and painting!! That's funny that you and Jenn were both in CA at the same time. I was just curious, when you said you made those throw pillows I know you got place mats.. but did you sew two together and then stuff it, or how did you do it? I've been wanting to make something similar. Jess