Friday, December 3, 2010

Cutest Baby Ever



Well here it is! Tuesday afternoon Tanner and I headed down to our appointment. I'll admit that I didn't feel anything going in. I wasn't excited or nervous, I was just hoping that I could see the little jellybean/peanut on the screen. I had mixed feelings, a big part of me was hoping their were two babies in there (that way I could possibly call it a day and never suffer through pregnancy again). But the common sense part of me was hoping for just one.

Well in we went. When she stared moving the little ultrasound thing around on my stomach I still wasn't expecting to see or feel very much. Then there it was on the flat screen tv in front of me.... Total full on baby. no peanut. no jelly bean. I could see its whole body, face, legs, arms, hands and nose (and of course I told Tanner I hoped it has his nose.) By far the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. Suddenly my negative (very negative)attitude was gone. I didn't care how sick I had been. I didn't care that I can't drink my Mt. Dew. I didn't care that I have to take terrible pills every night. Everyone says you forget how hard pregnancy is after you have your baby. Well I forgot. I could do this ten more times.

It's beautiful. The most precious thing I've ever seen. The next day Tanner picked me up from work. I pulled out my phone and showed him that I had changed my background to our ultrasound. He then pulled out his phone and showed me the exact same thing. It's amazing how quick two people can change. We've been together for 6 years, married for 3 of them. The only time we every talked about having kids was when other people asked us about it. We just didn't ever think about having them. We said when we were 30 but that was more to get people off our backs about it. :) I don't think either of us had any real intentions of having them then. But here we are 28 and beyond excited. We'll find out what we're having sometime in January. I of course can't wait to find out, but more than that I just want to see it wiggling around inside me. Watching it react to everything I do. Amazing.

5 comments:

Andrea and Blake said...

okay SO I'm going to be the FIRST to guess that you are having a girl, and I'm not just totally guessing - I'm going by the ultra sound actually, mu ultra sound tech showed me a secret!!! BUT that doesn't mean it always is true....but I think I'd put $10 on it! congrats you two

Leah Martineau said...

Congrats Shasta!! Ok I must say, you are one of the nicest people ever and I'm sure your husband it great. So I'm so glad you 2 are having a baby because this will be one very lucky child =) I will be excited to hear what you are having. =)

The McNeil Family said...

Congratulation!! That is so exciting for the both of you. You will be a wonderful mother. Can't wait to see your baby bump grow:)

Tyra said...

I can not wait for you to have a baby. I will come park my butt at your house and we will let our kids terrorize each other.

Adam and Jess said...

We're so excited for you. I was surprised to hear you say that having kids was questionable because you always seemed so upbeat and like you'd have good energy with kids. Congrats. There's definitely a baby boom going on. SIX of my friends are expecting (most dental students) and Sara is due just a couple of weeks before you. Enjoy it.