Sunday, April 10, 2011

TA-DA!!!!

Our parents always told us that "two wrongs don't make a right" and Cher's dad from Clueless taught us "two permits do not equal a licence" Well my friends today I am here to tell you that "two nightstands CAN make a dresser". And a fabulous one at that. A few weeks ago Janae and I set off on a Friday morning to look for Garage Sales. We pulled up to a house and I saw two brown night stands. They said $5 each. I sat and thought for a minute. I turned to Janae and said "do you think I could put one on top of the other and make it a dresser? I mean for $10 it's worth a try right?" She agreed with me. Then the salesman/owner walked over and said "you can have them both for $5." SOLD!! Yeah for me. :) Well they've been sitting in our garage since then and today I decided it was time to paint them. That way I could put them in Hadley's room or give them to Goodwill if it didn't work. This is a picture of one of the night stands. I had already started painting the other when I realized I hadn't taken a before pic. And this is how they look now. I still have to have my dad attach them in the back. They turned out soooo good. I'm so excited. Her room is FINALLY coming together. It's precious. I can't wait till it's done, I already love walking in there and just sitting. :) Hope to post the finished product soon. Loves to all!

5 comments:

Carl and Amber said...

What an awesome idea!!! I am totally going to remember this!

The McNeil Family said...

So cute!! That is a great idea!! It was nice to see you!

cosmo and jenn said...

ok. ok. i'm not a fan of girly stuff, but i have to admit, that turned out adorable. yup. ADORABLE. and while i'm on your good side, we should plan a garage sale/swap meet trip sometime soon before it gets to hot outside and i hate my life.

Janae said...

YAY!!! They look awesome! And you even used the original hardware, which I am loving in pink!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the room!!!

Lyle and Jaime said...

Super cute! Never would have though that came out of two old end tables!