Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kamber's Birthday

Happy Birthday Kamber! Tuesday would have been her 3rd birthday. Jen planned a really special party. We all went to the cemetery and met at Kamber's grave. They brought pink and purple balloons and little note cards with pink and purple hearts on them. Everyone wrote a little note to Kamber and tied it to their balloon. Then we sent them all off towards heaven. Jen had a special white balloon that she sent off. After that they had pizza and cake back at their house. It was alot of fun! I thought it would be a sad day, and I'm sure some parts were for Jen and Ethan but it all felt ok somehow. Kamber is happy and I know that.

Sending our balloons to Kamber

Kamber's sweet family. Ethan, Jen, Tayler, Kylie and Brookie

Kamber's grave

I've been thinking about what we could do for Kamber's birthday pretty much since the day she passed away. I had a bunch of different ideas but none of them were working out. I happend to mention some of my ideas to my friend Katie and she said that Brad (her husband) could do something if I wanted. So this is what we did. He printed a picture of Kamber onto a blanket. It turned out so beautiful! He did an amazing job. Thank you Brad!

Happy Birthday sweet Kamber! We hope your first birthday in heaven was amazing. Know that your family and friends still think about you and miss you every day!

5 comments:

Cheryl Elmer said...

The balloons were a really cool idea.

Larsens said...

my email address is anniepugmire@hotmail.com

thanks so much for taking them.

The McNeil Family said...

This was such a special day.. Thanks for talking with me. You are so sweet.

The Thompson's said...

I love the picture of you and Tanner at the top of your blog. To answer your random question, yes my mom's mom is still alive, as well as my mom's dad. Both of my dad's parents have passed away though.

The Scott's said...

Aww. I'm glad it was a good day overall. What a cutie! I can't imagine what the last six months have been like. Your comments about my boys were so sweet. Thank you. I know I never got back to you about that recipe. Sorry I couldn't reply with that address. If you still want it, reply to my new e-mail (scotts4_ever@yahoo.com) so I can send it to you. Take care and hugs.