Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Mother Worriors
I'm very hesitant to post this blog..... But here it goes. I DO NOT share my beliefs very often. If someone asks I will, but even then I usually hold back. Only because I don't ever want it to come across that I'm judging what someone else chooses to do. In all honesty I really don't give two craps how other people live their lives. BUT I've been so moved by this book that I felt I should share it. I had it at my desk during my Parent Teacher Conferences this week and was so surprised at how many of my student's moms had read the book and absolutely loved it. Not one of them has an autistic child, but they still loved it. It's about families that have "recovered" their children from Autism. Amazing book, these moms and some dads were told there was no hope for their children, nothing they could do. But they dedicated their lives to helping them. And they have! It's infuriating in some aspects, because the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) won't even acknowledge it. Doctors lie to these parents and lie about everything but these amazing parents wouldn't listen, they did their own research and saved their children's lives. The saddest part for me is that once these kids are recovered they actually remember not being able to talk! It's like they were trapped in a shell, their minds were working but their little bodies wouldn't listen. It's a book about hope and love, the controversial side of it is that none of these children had any problems until they were vaccinated. The purpose of the book is to try to get the AAP to "Clean our Vaccines" Mercury is poison and it is acknowledged that a toxic does for a baby is 20 micrograms and the amount they are given on their first day of life is 250 micrograms. It is insane that they think every child will react the same way. They don't! Jenny McCarthy wrote it,(and I love her) it's filled with story after story written by parents that have been to hell and back with their kids. It makes me laugh that people are more willing to listen to their doctors (the ones that are making money off all of this) instead of listening to MOTHERS! Mothers that are living it, mothers that have all the proof they need right there in their arms. The book has made me realize that I want to be just like them. KNOW my children and know that I can help them even if I'm told I can't. So please understand that no body knows your kids better then you and if something doesn't seem right it probably isn't! Thanks! Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, that sounds like a really good book that I will have to check out. I am not sure how I feel about vaccines, I think I am somewhere in the middles, but I do know that it is scary being a parent and not knowing who to trust!
I had forgotten how much I loved Tressemme when I used it in college! Biolage had some good feedback, so I think that will be one of the first ones I'll try!
Post a Comment