St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays!! I've even put an irish song that I really like on my playlist in honor of today. When I was little I would pretend I lived in Ireland..... Well I would pretend that I lived on the Ponderosa married to Little Joe. (for those of you that don't know, I was obsessed with the tv show Bonanza) But we had a summer house in Ireland that we would visit quite often. I would literally pack my suitcase and pretend that Joe and I were heading off, then I would ride my bike (my horse) and imagine that I was riding over the amazing green hills.
I know what you're thinking I must have been a lonely child with no friends..... But hey! I had lots of friends. I just really like Little Joe. (notice I didn't say liked, I'm still crazy about him.)
Ok back to the point of my post. I love St. Patrick's Day (even more since PS I Love You came out.) I go all out in my classroom, the Leprechaun comes and turns the kids water green, he leaves gold glitter and glittery green shamrocks everywhere. He leaves his footprints on the desks and white board and of course a treasure hunt that leads to a pot of chocolate gold coins.
That is one reason I look forward to having kids, it'll be a long time before I have them and they can appreciate the holiday but it will be so much fun having the Leprechaun come to our house.
I spent the day with Heather and the boys, Lucky Charms for breakfast then we were off in our green attire to this really cute little train park in Scottsdale. We had fun hanging out while the boys played and ate ice cream. It was a really fun day, thanks Heather for letting me join you guys!



No comments:
Post a Comment