Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Finished Projects

Well this will come as no surprise to anyone, but here we are July 8th and we still haven't closed on our house. I'm to the point that I don't care anymore, when it happens it will happen I guess. Being pissed and having a bad attitude has gotten me no where so now I'm just indifferent. The good news however is that I have finished almost all of my "projects." I only have pictures of three of them, I will post the rest later.

These are going into my guest room. I was going for Shabby Chic but it's turing out to be more "Shabby Chic/ Vintage Antique". This room has been so much fun decorating. My house is very Tuscan with lots of browns, blacks and creams, so making my guest room pink and girly is awesome!


This is "The Aids Chair" as I call it. I bought it for $5 at a vintage shop in Hollywood. The store was called "Out of the Closet". Most of you are probably thinking that sounds like a Gay store, well you would be right. Only Janae, Sara, and I just thought it was a really cute name. It wasn't until we were in line buying our stuff that we noticed the several transvestites walking around the store. The guy at the cash register informed us that all of their proceeds go towards Aids research. So that is where my chair got it's name!
Before

After


I bought this desk for $10 on craigslist. It had knobs but they had been painted over so my dad had to knock them off for me. I bought the new knobs at Anthropology. They have tons and tons and they are all fabulous, it took me forever to decide on four of them. Thanks Katie and Janae for being so patient while I made my decision! I doubt I could have gone wrong with any of them but I love the ones I picked and I love how it turned out! I wish the camera would show the detail of the knobs better, but I'm sure you get the idea!
Before

After

Now this mirror has taken a while to do. I started collecting the pieces of jewelry over a year ago. I had seen a mirror similar in someone's house and fell in love with it. It took patience and a lot of looking. It's still a work in progress, I'll be adding more pieces to the top as I find them. I had to take like 100 pictures before a got an ok one. I don't feel like the picture does it justice. It is absolutely beautiful in person! The sanded down "textured" look combined with the jewels is amazing. I'm in love with it! Oh and on a side note.... I took these pictures after I had packed up my apartment, so excuse the drab, plainness you see in the mirror!
Before

After

2 comments:

Josh and Kylee said...

Oh my gosh everything looks so amazing!! I love the mirror.. I remember when you started collecting the jewels...that was awhile ago. Well it looks so lovely!! I'm excited to see the rest of your projects. Sorry closing on the house has not happened yet. It will be your guys very soon tho!! Hope all is going well!
Oh and when we were at the fair..eating frybread... know that I was thinking of you!:-)

Tyra said...

dang you are one talented lady!!!! I hate waiting the house to close..they moved ours back 3 times and we wanted to kill them becuase at the time we wee living with my parents.LAMO.... Im sure your house will be freaken cute and I cant wait for pictures..where is it again???