Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Throw Pillows

So I never buy throw pillows because they are always so dang expensive. Well I've found a way around that. I came across the cutest, easiest idea the other day. You take place mats, unstitch one side, stuff it will pillow bating and then sew it up! Then you have a fabulous pillow for your couch or bed or whatever! I haven't sewn since I was like.... 11! So I was worried how they were going to turn out. Well I made 5 and I'm in love with them! I still need one more for my couch, then I'll start on a few for my guest room. I went to Walmart and Pier One. Pier One has some fabulous ones to choose from. Here are pictures of 3 of them.



3 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

Darling.. Wow made from Placemats no way.. That is a great idea, I may start looking for placemats to make some for my couch.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! Super cute! I had a lot of fun with you the other day. It was so good to see you again finally!

Lyle and Jaime said...

Okay, never thought of that! Those turned out pretty cute! Looks like you guys are doing great! I would love to keep in touch. I didn't know you guys had a blog! We have one too but it's private so if you want to get on you can email me at jaime44@cableone.net and I'll send you an invite.
Jaime (tanner's friend if you don't remember)