Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to the land of the Living

I'm happy to say I am back in touch with the world! We finally got into our house on July 22, leaving us ONE week to gut and get as much remodeling done as we could. Let me tell you..... we freaking kicked butt! By the time we moved out of our apartment on July 30, we had all the flooring and baseboards torn up. Our railing removed, the entire house painted (every room, ceilings, closets... everything!) the bathrooms and laundry room had tile and we had the wood flooring done downstairs. I don't know when I've been so tired. Thank you to Tanner's parents for picking up and driving our more than 5,000 pound order of wood down from Cali! The first weekend Tanner, his dad, my dad, Bj and Tyler worked on the flooring. It looks unbelievable and I can't wait to post our pictures. Thank you to everyone in my family that helped us move! My dad blew his knee out helping us, so crappy! We're hoping it starts to feel better soon. My mom always says that "moving is a four letter word". Well as we were carrying boxes into our house I said to her "Mom, moving might be a four letter word.... but moving in July is a four letter word in front of a four letter word." It was so hot! But we had a lot of help! Once we had everything moved we were living downstairs until the upstairs flooring was done. We had four mattresses stacked up in front of our couch for almost a week, and that is where we slept...... four feet from the ceiling fan. Kristen and Jared came over and worked like crazy to get our baseboards, window and door casings on. All we have left to do is caulk and paint them. And put the wood on our staircase and my closet. Tanner's dad has spent so much time working on the floor! He drives down from Cali for a few days and works with Tanner the entire time.


Our house looks absolutely amazing! All I want to do is sit at home, I love it! I will post pictures soon!


Now you would think that doing all that and then having school start would push me over the edge...... Nope what did it was not having tv since June 12th! And then not having Internet since July 12th! It was fine at first but this past week I've been going insane. We finally took the time to have our cable and Internet set up! Now I'm in heaven!

My family went up to Josh's Cabin this past weekend, we had such a fun time! Thanks to the Taylors for letting us stay there! We missed Savanna who is already back up at BYU.

Hope all is well with everyone! Can't wait to catch up on everyone's blogs!

5 comments:

Carl and Amber said...

Whew! That is some crazy busy-ness! I can't wait to see the pics. I can't believe that it took so long to get into the house.

The McNeil Family said...

Wow that is a lot of work.. Makes me tired just reading about it. I am sure it looks beautiful. i can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see the pics! we cant wait to start our own renovation sometime next year too! FUN!

Tyra said...

Congrats on the house..can't wait to see pictures

Adam and Jess said...

It was fun catching up.. I didn't know you were so crafty with the things you make. I bet your house is going to be gorgeous. I'm so not crafty. Jess