Thursday, August 4, 2011

The First Month

I wanted to post when Hadley turned one month but we were in Utah enjoying family at our reunion.  So here it is a few days late. :)

This past month has been so much fun. Hadley is such an amazing gift. I'm so anxious and excited for her to grow, I can't wait to see all the fun things she'll start doing but at the same time it breaks my heart. She's already gotten bigger and I want to cry. I want her to stay my tiny baby forever.

I always thought that newborns slept the days away in their crib or swing or car seat.... not our Hadley.  She hates all of those things. She cries alot. ALOT. And nothing seems to sooth her. She's gotten better the older she gets. The better she can see things, the happier she is. She always wants to be held. Mostly by me. The good thing is I absolutely love holding her so it's just fine with me. There does come a time when I need to get other things done though. :)   She thinks I'm a 24 our buffet, always wants to be eating. I've never wanted my kids to use pacifiers  but because she has this constant need to suck I figure for my sanity I need to give her one. But of course she hates pacifiers. When you put it in her mouth she loses her mind. She gets so pissed off.

She does however sleep amazing at night. Granted she sleeps next to me.  She loves baths.  Giving her her nightly bath is so much fun. I wash, Tanner rinses :)  She started rolling over at 3 weeks, when she's happy she smiles and makes all kinds of sounds. She loves to be sung to. She can be screaming her brains out but if I can get her to nestle her face in my neck I start singing and she'll be asleep in seconds. It's pretty funny. She's probably the most photographed baby ever. Every time I turn around someone is taking their picture with her. I guess when you have as many aunts as she does its bound to happen. :)  Being a mom is better than I hoped. Even with her as fussy as she is I still love every minute. We are so blessed to have her as our baby girl.

At the hospital

Driving Home


At Home

In her bouncy chair




Bath Time





One Look? One Look!?!



At the Dr. He said she is "perfect". She weighs 8.11

Sh....

She LOVES Tanner



One Month Old.


4 comments:

cosmo and jenn said...

hey...this is kind of embarrassing, but.... someone has to tell you..... i dont know if you noticed...but..... hadley has a huge flower eating her head.
phew. its out there. now its not the elephant in the room and can be openly discussed. :)
you know i love you. and she is adorable. i need to come over and paint her fingernails (..black..) sometime. she's going to love her aunt jenn. i'll take her to get a first tattoo and everything!

Cheryl Elmer said...

She is a doll!

larsen family said...

She darling! Keep the pictures coming.:)

Carl and Amber said...

Haha...love the 24-hr buffet comment. Logan did that to me, but then he slept the best at night, after I switched him to his belly. I loved the paci. I got my kids hooked on them by putting it in their mouths after feeding and the first part of sleeping. They just seemed to get used to it quicker. And mine never woke up wanting it. She is so cute!