!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Our First House
Tanner and I have been house hunting for about a month now. We've found several that we've liked and a couple that we loved. Well each house we saw and wanted to put an offer on we would get the same reply..... "there are several people bidding on it" or "they're already working with someone." I was getting so annoyed! Now it didn't help that every house we looked at I liked, all I saw was potential and couldn't wait to start fixing it up just the way I wanted. I know that sometimes you have to look at a ton of houses before you get one, but I didn't want to. I wanted to find a house, like it and buy it. This is why I don't like EBay. If I want it, I want it and I should get it. So last Monday we set out to look at three houses we had interest in. We get to the first one and Billy (our realtor) says "well one of the ones we were going to look at excepted someones offer this morning." (What a shock) In we walked, the first house I liked, kind of small but nice. I wasn't too excited about it though, I'm not sure if it was because I just didn't like it, or because I didn't want to get my hopes up. On our way to the next house Tanner said "well it didn't have the open kitchen and family room that we wanted." I said "ya but it had a really nice master bathroom, and the last house we loved had a tiny master bath but the open family room kitchen." We sat in silence for a few seconds, then I said "We're never going to find a house that has everything we want. Every house we've seen has had some good and some bad. Someday we'll build our dream house that has it all but for now we just need a good house we can afford. Besides this is our FIRST house, we can't expect it to be perfect." We arrived at the second and last house we would be walking through that day. We went inside and started walking around. I turned to Tanner and Billy and said " Hi I live here" I looked at Tanner and said "oh my gosh I love it!" We went upstairs and loved it more, I walked out of the master bedroom without a word and just looked at Tanner..... "We're getting this house, I don't care what we have to do. Go look at the closet." It is HUGE! Huge huge huge. (Too bad Tanner will still be using one of the spare bedroom closets) We put an offer in that night and the bank countered back Tuesday afternoon. We countered back and didn't hear back from them until Thursday. I was sick all day, I was sure someone else put in a higher offer. Then on our way home on Thursday Billy called. Tanner talked to him for a few minutes, then Tanner said "Alright tell them we're in" I literally started screaming in the car. My heart hasn't slowed down yet. I'm so excited!!!! We close May 27th and I'm counting the days. We won't be moving in until July because we're redoing all the floors and painting all the walls. But I can't wait to start all of that. The house is already decorated in my head, I know what color every wall will be and where everything we have is going to go. Even down to the littlest thing. When the house is done I'll post before and after pics, but for now I'm just posting the picture of the front. The carpet is really bad and I don't want anyone to see it until they can see how nice we're going to make it. I never thought we would get a house that we love so much. I'm going to try to keep myself busy until we can start work on it, just to help the time pass by. So I'm busting out the old sewing machine..... curtains, pillows and a duvet cover for the guest room. I'm even excited to start those! Well love to all!
!
!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
oh i love it!! where is it located? We are so happy for you guys!!
Hello Tanner and Shasta, my name is Benji Romero and neither of you know who I am but I went to High school with BJ at Red Mountain and I was hoping that I could get in touch with him through one of you. if this is possible please let me know my email is bromero@online.gcu.edu. I work with greg whimpey who said he knew Shasta. Thanks, take care.
Hey I am so excited for you..I looks like a nice house that you will beable to stay in for a while..where is it located at?? P.S. We freaking moved back to Utah last week LAMO..
This is so great! Congrats it looks awesome already. Where is it? See you Friday!
Yay Shasta! I'm so excited for you.
That is so awesome!!!! I'll be joining you on the house hunting soon!
super exciting.. Congrats. I know you will make your house super cute.
Post a Comment